Pre-order your copy of Banished Now From My Native Shore: The Verse of Frank The Poet Compact Disc.
This album is a re-imagining of the poetry of Irish convict Francis McNamara through the lens of contemporary music.
A limited edition 200 copies will be handmade using the covers of antique cloth-bound books. Inside will be your CD and over 30 pages of essays, poems and liner notes from leading scholars and folklorists concerning the significance of McNamara’s poetry.
Also includes a 5 track bonus disc.
1. Moreton Bay – The Yearlings
2. Labouring With The Hoe – Sean McMahon
3. For The Company Underground – Max Savage and The False Idols
4. Jim Jones in Botany Bay – Heath Cullen
5. Bold Jack Donohoe – Matt Walker
6. The Ballad of Martin Cash – Jeb Cardwell
7. A dialogue Between Two Hibernians – Nick Kipridis
8. McQuade’s Curse – Jimmy Dowling
9. Moreton Bay – Mia Dyson
10. A Convict’s Tour To Hell – Tom West
11. The Ballad of Martin Cash – Cal Williams Jr.
12. The Convict’s Arrival – The Tea House Fire
13. A Petition From The Chain Gang at Newcastle – Snooks La Vie.
14. For The Company Underground – Hat Fitz and Cara Robinson
1. Bold Jack Donohoe – A.P. D’Antonio
2. Labouring With The Hoe – The Timbers
3. A Petition From The Chain Gang at Newcastle – Todd Sibbin
4. Moreton Bay – Joe Man Murphy
5. the Seizure of The Cyprus Brig in Recherche Bay – Brillig
Fuzzy garage blues from local Duo THEM PLASMS. Screen printed sleeves with block printed disc. 11 Page Liner booklet with sewn spine included.
Upbeat, updated and unpredictable, the cornerstone of the duo’s sound is James’ take on the classic drums of funk, soul and hip-hop doing some serious work holding down the beat underneath Duncan’s rollicking, distorted gospel-blues guitar riffs and haggard soulful vocals. The duo’s clever use of breakdowns and timing changes are inciting audiences Adelaide over to ever higher levels fervor and apoplexy. You’ve got to ask yourself one question: Are you ready to be Them Plasm’d?